Use the form below to share this page with a friend.
[ What are the symptoms of
The symptoms of hypogonadism, sometimes referred to as Low Testosterone, which can be caused by certain medical conditions, can be more specific and less specific in nature.
Some signs and symptoms of hypogonadism:
More Specific Symptoms:
- Decreased sexual desire (libido)
- Decreased spontaneous erections
- Reduced need for shaving or loss of body hair (underarm and pubic)
- Unexplained bone fracture or decreased bone strength
- Hot flushes, sweats
- Fatigue or decreased energy
- Depressed mood
- Reduced muscle strength/mass
- Increased body fat
More specific symptoms are closely related to hypogonadism. Less specific symptoms could be a result of another medical condition.
By discussing your overall health, including symptoms, your doctor can perform a medical evaluation and assess whether you might have a medical condition that could be causing hypogonadism. And if so, certain blood tests are necessary to come to a proper diagnosis.