Use the form below to share this page with a friend.
[ What are the hypogonadism treatment
For men diagnosed with hypogonadism, or Low Testosterone, which can be caused by certain medical conditions, there are some FDA-approved treatment options.
- There are FDA-approved testosterone replacement therapies (TRTs) including gels and solutions, patches, injections, buccal tablets, and pellets.
- Work with your doctor to learn if treatment is right for you.
- TRT isn't appropriate for every man.
FDA-approved testosterone replacement therapies (TRTs):
Today, testosterone can be administered in different forms. The FDA has approved these forms for the treatment of hypogonadism. And they are available only with a prescription. As with any medical treatment, TRT carries benefits and risks.
TRT isn’t appropriate for every manBefore starting treatment, tell your doctor if you:
- Have breast cancer
- Have or might have prostate cancer
- Have urinary problems due to an enlarged prostate
- Have heart problems
- Have kidney or liver problems
- Have problems breathing while you sleep (sleep apnea)
- Have any other medical conditions
- Are taking any medicines, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements
So, if you’ve been diagnosed with hypogonadism, talk with your doctor about the pros and cons of each treatment option. Together, you can determine if treatment is right for you.