Use the form below to share this page with a friend.
[ What should I ask my doctor about
Be prepared. Know what you want to ask before you head to your doctor's office.
Questions to ask your doctor
- Do I have a medical condition that could cause low testosterone levels?
- How can we determine if my symptoms are caused by hypogonadism (Low Testosterone) or another condition?
- Considering my symptoms and my conditions, should I get the blood tests for hypogonadism?
- What are the blood tests I will need to determine if I have hypogonadism?
- What are all of the medical treatment options available if I have hypogonadism?
- How do I know if one is right for me?
- What is the difference between all of the different testosterone replacement therapies and how do I know if one is right for me?
- If I have hypogonadism, what happens if I don’t treat it?
- How does my diet and fitness affect my testosterone levels?
Of course, these are just suggestions. If you have more specific questions, be sure to add them to your list.Download Questions to Ask Your Doctor
One-on-one time with your doctor may be limited. Sometimes it could just be a few minutes. That's why this list can help you prepare for your appointment and remember some of the important questions.
Simply print this list out and take it with you. And if there are more questions you would like to ask, be sure to add them to the list.
Just remember, only your doctor can properly assess your medical history and symptoms, determine if you should get the testosterone blood tests, and come to a diagnosis. So be open and honest with him. Let him know about all your health conditions and your symptoms, and how long you've been experiencing them. Be sure to tell him about any prescription or over-the-counter medications or vitamin supplements you're taking. All of this information can only help your doctor decide what's right for you.